[Dovecot] Dovecot lmtp

Benedetto Vassallo vassallo at unipa.it
Fri Dec 3 14:02:40 EET 2010

Def. Quota Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>:

> On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 16:23 +0100, Benedetto Vassallo wrote:
>> The only think I can't set up is make dovecot-lmtp reading the
>> .forward file in the user's home directory.
>> I think I am missing something, becouse dovecot-lda read that file but
>> don't do hard links when deliver the mail.
>
> Neither dovecot-lda nor LMTP reads the .forward file. If it worked
> before, it was done by something else than dovecot-lda. The proper way
> to do that would be to use Sieve.

You are right, it is sendmail that reads the .forward file.
I resolved it by adding 'w' in DOVELMTP_MAILER_FLAGS in the mailer definition.

Now I have the hardlinks if I send a message to multiple users (in the
same smtp transaction) and the .forward file working.

I can send my config if useful to someone.

Thank you
--
Benedetto Vassallo
Sistema Informativo di Ateneo

Red Hat Certified Engineer Certificate Number: 804007793324656

Phone: +3909123860056
Fax: +390916529124