[Dovecot] SIS errors - was Error from mobile client (Palm Pre)

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Wed Dec 1 21:02:07 EET 2010

On 12/1/2010 10:49 AM, Daniel L. Miller wrote:
> On 11/30/2010 8:09 PM, Daniel L. Miller wrote:
>> Continuing to see errors on this with some new messages.  Is it
>> possible this has anything to do with zlib plugin, or possibly having
>> a mix of zlib compressed & uncompressed messages with mdbox?  I
>> recently added zlib to deliver plugin list.
> I don't *think* I'm losing mail with this - but some clients are
> handling this worse than others.  I think it's a result of running the
> nightly purge, and having new mails being zlib compressed via deliver
> while having old mails uncompressed - and then doveadm combines them
> into a given mdbox file during the purge.  Something's being messed up
> in the indexes as a result.

Tried something new.  Seeing index error messages from this new message:
Dec  1 10:53:13 bubba dovecot: imap(dmiller at amfes.com): Error: FETCH []
for mailbox Trash UID 17487 got too little data: 266965 vs 273669
Dec  1 10:53:13 bubba dovecot: imap(dmiller at amfes.com): Error: Corrupted
index cache file
/var/mail/amfes.com/dmiller/mdbox/mailboxes/Trash/dbox-Mails/dovecot.index.cache:
Broken virtual size for mail UID 17487

Without obliterating the message, just shifting it between mailboxes
(deleting from Inbox and moving to Trash) did nothing.  However, I then
tried moving the message to a different account - and then brought it
back.  This eliminated the index errors, and now yields:
Dec  1 10:54:52 bubba dovecot: imap(dmiller at amfes.com): Error:
Attachment file
/var/mail/attachments/77/92/77925241140facf5fd6540aea9fe57bc0a47f35b-db0a1a24e699f64cce3800003bc41c5f
larger than expected (247862)

Does this help you at all?
--
Daniel