[Dovecot] LDAP & static userdb

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Aug 31 21:26:57 EEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-08-27 at 17:07 +0200, spamvoll at googlemail.com wrote:
> ive added
> args = uid=vmail gid=vmail home=/home/MAILBOXES/%u/ mail=/home/MAILBOXES/%u/mail
>
> and it work.

That still does autodetection. You should have something like
mail=maildir:/home/MAILBOXES/%u/mail, but even simpler is if you just
remove mail from the above line and use:

mail_location = maildir:~/mail

> 1) I have a user that can read the PW so i dont need "auth_bind = yes", right?

Yeah.

> 2) user_* and pass_* i dont need them anymore cause its always:
> home=/home/MAILBOXES/%u/
> mail=/home/MAILBOXES/%u/mail

user_* you don't need because you have static userdb, but pass_* is
still used (assuming you didn't change passdb too).