[Dovecot] dsync mirror duplicates problem

Waldemar W. dovecot at serpent.aes256.de
Mon Aug 30 14:44:07 EEST 2010

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 17:58:38 +0200, "Waldemar W."
<dovecot at serpent.aes256.de> wrote:
> Im trying to sync 2 mailserver with dsync mirror functionality.
>
> Problem occurs when mails arrive in the same folder on both sides
> then dsync sometimes runs into problems
> and duplicates that entrys on both side(2mails then with same
> content). After running again
> the same happens again(now 4 mails with same content on every side).
> And then duplicates this mails on
> both sides on every run :(
> Anyone with same problem or is something that could cause this? I
> tried dsync with and without -f option but no change.
>
> Im running dovecot 2.0.1 together with dovecot sieve (latest hg version).
>
> thanks,
> Waldemar

After seeing that mirror seems not to work fine i tried a "backup" only
solution with
dsync. But after 1 day there are other problems on almost all accounts
i tried to sync like:
"Warning: Destination mailbox INBOX has been modified, need to recreate
it before we can continue syncing
Error: Can't delete mailbox INBOX: INBOX can't be deleted."
This appears on 4 of the  8 Accounts i tried to sync.
On other one there appears "Error: msg-copy returned invalid uid:
1269868747 != 1"  and on one
a msg like  "Error: Unexpected finish reply: +".

For my initial sync i used complete empty maildirs on the destination
server and from that on only working
with the "backup" option of dsync. Any idea what could cause such big
problems with dsync?

thanks,
Waldemar