[Dovecot] When should dictionary entries for the expire plugin be added/updated?

Ralph Seichter dovecot-ml at seichter.de
Sat Aug 28 18:46:55 EEST 2010

On 25.08.10 18:52, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> So you want to drop the domain? I'm not sure if you can do this on
> Postfix's side [...]

I don't think so, based on the e-mails I received. It has been rightly
pointed that LMTP requires fully qualified e-mail addresses.

Now I try to find a LDAP-only setup for passdb and userdb. I have
experimented with both

  user_filter = (&(objectClass=posixAccount)(uid=%n))

and/or

  pass_filter = (&(objectClass=posixAccount)(uid=%n))

but this only works as long as I enable "auth_username_format = %Ln"
aswell. I was hoping that using "%n" instead of the default "%u" would
help, but alas, no.

It is frustrating that this how-to-drop-the-domain business is only an
issue with LMTP. When I use dovecot-lda, auth_username_format is not
required.

-Ralph