[Dovecot] Messages causing an error from Solr.

Erik Hetzner ehetzner at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 02:37:40 EEST 2010

At Fri, 20 Aug 2010 20:39:47 +0100,
Timo Sirainen wrote:

> On Fri, 2010-08-20 at 09:53 -0700, Erik Hetzner wrote:
>
> > For what it’s worth, here are the “invalid XML character”s being
> > complained about by Solr:
>
> Oh. It's not about illegal UTF8 sequences, but about some unicode
> characters actually not being valid for XML. Hopefully these help:
>
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.2/rev/5efba9f9f0a7
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.2/rev/cf0da2cd31fb

Hi Timo,

Thanks, this seems to have done the trick.

I am now having troubles with update requests being sent to Solr when
there is nothing to update (that is, no new messages have
arrived). I’ll try to get a better idea of what is happening.

Many thanks for your very fast work correcting this problem! I very
much appreciate it.

best, Erik