[Dovecot] 2.0 migration weirdnesses: logs and hang

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Aug 21 00:25:48 EEST 2010

On 20.8.2010, at 22.20, Kyle Wheeler wrote:

> On Friday, August 20 at 07:58 PM, quoth Timo Sirainen:
>> Did you try this with IMAP client or via talking IMAP directly?
>
> I did it with mutt as my IMAP client. I'm attaching a log of the IMAP conversation. The log ends at the point that I had to kill mutt to regain control. It looks like mutt is stuck waiting for Dovecot to reply "a0049 OK Idle completed."

In that trace Dovecot has sent reply to everything mutt has asked for. Although it looks like mutt has skipped logging some of the commands it has sent (LIST commands, e.g. a0002 or a0042). Perhaps it sent something else that Dovecot didn't reply to yet? .. Get a log with Dovecot's rawlog: http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Debugging/Rawlog