[Dovecot] pigeonhole sieve imapflags bug

Tim Traver tt-list at simplenet.com
Fri Aug 20 10:58:01 EEST 2010

 Hi all,

ok, I just instealled the dovecot 2.0.0 release, and the latest
mercurial pigeonhole source.

All is well, except for a particular sieve rule that may not be working
right.

It is a simple rule that looks like this :

require ["fileinto","imap4flags"];

# rule:[Past Due Notices]
if allof (header :contains "Subject" "Account Past Due Notice")
{
        fileinto "Billing";
        setflag "\\Seen";
        stop;
}

Anyways, what happens is the message that matches that rule does indeed
get moved to the "Billing" folder, but it does not get marked as read.

BUT! if I change the order of the actions to mark it as read first, then
move it to the "Billing" folder, it does both of those actions...

Is that the way it is supposed to work? or is that a bug?

Thanks,

Tim.