[Dovecot] Dovecot lda with qmail

Piyush Joshi pj.netfilter at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 08:07:42 EEST 2010

Dear All,
              According to my setup i can not call
|/var/qmail/bin/preline -f /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda
from my /var/qmail/control/defaultdelivery file, Instead making a perl
file which will call the same for delivery of mails.

If i put the following code in my mail.pl  |/var/qmail/bin/preline -f
/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda then it throws error in running
file from command line.

Warning: Use of "-f" without parentheses is ambiguous at
/var/qmail/bin/mail.pl line 2.
syntax error at /var/qmail/bin/mail.pl line 2, near "|"
Execution of /var/qmail/bin/mail.pl aborted due to compilation errors.

content of mail.pl

#!/usr/bin/perl
|/var/qmail/bin/preline -f /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda

Any help will be useful for me.

Thanks