[Dovecot] Linux should be as easy as Windows

Jerry dovecot.user at seibercom.net
Wed Aug 18 18:02:32 EEST 2010

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 10:07:27 -0400
Dennis Clarke <dclarke at blastwave.org> articulated:

> Sometimes things are not and that is okay. GNOME is not XFCE or
> Fluxbox but we have freedom to choose either. Perhaps by "light" you
> mean you don't need 32G of memory and a dual socket 12-core Opteron
> 6100 series machine with some hot NVidia graphics card and 10Gb
> ethernet to just *barely* install Windows 8.  :-)

I just installed Win7 on a 7 year old Dell 4550 with only 1G of RAM.
Obviously, since I do not have the latest video cards, etc. installed
in the PC, certain functions were disabled by default; however, it
definitely works. I only did the installation to see if it would really
work, and was pleasantly surprised to see how well it performed. That
was, of course, on a virgin system (all data erased from drives and
reformatted).

By the way, Win8 is not even scheduled to be released until at least
July 1, 2010 and even that is not written in stone.

--
Jerry ✌
Dovecot.user at seibercom.net