[Dovecot] pigeonhole and utf-8 error

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Wed Aug 18 12:06:18 EEST 2010

On 08/18/2010 09:38 AM Xavier Pons wrote:
> my default system LANG is 'en_US.UTF-8'.
> Also, I have tried to edit this filter with  'vi "+set encoding=utf-8"
> sievefilter' , and
> the folder name it's correctly writed/displayed, but when it's executed
> from dovecot lmtp
> give me this error.
>
> I'm using dovecot with default mUTF-7 encoding, and in the pigeonhole
> configuration I didn't
> see nothing related to encoding charset .
> Could I configure dovecot to work with UTF-8 instead mUTF-7? this could
> help to resolve this
> problem? Nowadays  It's recommended to use UTF-8 for non-english
> configurations?

Same here: IMAP folders in the FS are mutf-7 encoded. My
~/.dovecot.sieve is finest utf8. But the log contains:
Error: … sieve: … failed to store into mailbox '→FølЀ®←': mailbox name
not utf-8: →FølЀ®←

doveadm mailbox list →* -7 && doveadm mailbox list →*
&IZI-F&APg-l&ANAgrACuIZA-
→FølЀ®←

Regards,
Pascal