[Dovecot] Managesieve and Dovecot 2.0: clients incompatible?

Jerrale G jerralegayle at sheltoncomputers.com
Tue Aug 17 21:05:36 EEST 2010

  I successfully converted my 1.2.x config and am trying to use
managesieve. This configuration is really for 1.2.x even though it says
for 2.0: http://wiki2.dovecot.org/ManageSieve/Configuration

Trying to assign the port number is not by using "listen". Anyway, I
just reverted, on the client, to using the default port 2000. The
managesieve client now hangs trying to login and eventually times out.

Is the new pigeonhole managesieve incompatible with clients that worked
with managesieve 0.11.11? There is no output in the log concerning
managesieve from pigeonhole. I guess I could put log=/path/to/a/file in
the managesieve part and see what happens. In the old dovecot 1.2, we
would get a "managesieve-login" in the log when a client even TRIED to
login; now, nothing!
--

Jerrale G.
SC Senior Admin