[Dovecot] Upgrade to 2.0 - Not so smooth

Mon Aug 16 14:11:41 EEST 2010

On 2010-08-15 12:03 PM, Marc Perkel <marc at perkel.com> wrote:
> Starting Dovecot Imap: Fatal: service(pop3-login) User doesn't
> exist: dovenull
>
> Just some real time feedback. I don't know what dovenull user is or
> why it is necessary.

It would be a lot smoother (and this probably applies to all other
software you use) if you would spend at least 5 SECONDS doing a little
research before wasting everyone's (especially Timo's) time with
questions that you can easily answer yourself:

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=dovenull

For dovecot stuff, I've found that simply adding the word 'wiki' after
the other search term will almost always provide the link to the wiki
page describing whatever it is:

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=dovenull+wiki

Yes, this is a pet peeve of mine...

--