[Dovecot] cluster with dsync mirror

Bryan Vyhmeister dovecot at bsdjournal.net
Mon Aug 16 09:33:16 EEST 2010

I have an idea for running a pair of redundant dovecot mail servers
that may be odd but it might work. I'm interested in any thoughts on
the topic.

Would it work to run 'dsync mirror' every minute against either mdbox
or sdbox mailbox on a dedicated network connection between two (or
potentially three or four) mail servers? I'm trying to avoid using a
NAS/SAN or some other dedicated NFS server in a simple environment
with a limited number of users. Everything else about the systems
could be identical. Both could receive mail using Postfix with dovecot
LDA. Thank you.

Bryan