[Dovecot] Thunderbird IMAP woes

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Aug 11 15:08:39 EEST 2010

On 11.8.2010, at 12.33, Tamas Kadar wrote:

> Now, the problem is that to a lesser extent, Thunderbird 2, and to a larger extent Thunderbird 3 is having serious issues when I go (want to go) deeper than two levels of nesting. Like, in the Subscribe dialog sometimes I see the third level subfolders, sometimes I dont. If is subscribe to a second-level folder, then create a subfolder in it, the other subfolders suddenly appear. It's all very random, unfortunatelly, then only way I can use the system right now is to uncheck 'Show subscribed folders only' in Account Settings, and even then, sometimes folders disappear or reappear that are highly nested.

Some people have complained about this, but I thought this happened with all servers. So you're saying that the same TB versions with Courier didn't have this problem? .. Wonder what Courier could be doing differently here. I thought Dovecot and Courier outputs would be the same.

I guess it's also possible that there's a bug in Dovecot that happens only sometimes. Although I think I already once at least looked such IMAP traffic log and it looked correct. You could anyway try grabbing one where TB produces buggy behavior and I could take a look at it. http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Debugging/Rawlog