[Dovecot] Outlook 2003 Client

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Tue Aug 10 19:19:52 EEST 2010

Richard Gliebe put forth on 8/10/2010 5:31 AM:
> On 8/10/10 12:25 PM Charles Marcus wrote:
>> Richard Gliebe wrote:
>>> my dovecot IMAP Server (1.0.7-7.el5) is now up and running ;-)
>>
>> So old as to be virtually unworthy of a response...
>>
>> Time to upgrade - and why oh why did you install a NEW server with such
>> an ancient version???
>
> Its a precompiled version from the CentOS 5.5 Repos ....
>
> maybe there comes a newer version available ...

CentOS sucks.  If you _need_ a Red Hat (rpm) based distro, you're far better
off running Fedora, which is usually fairly current.  OpenSuSE is a good
choice here as well.  If your anchor isn't tied to rpm's, Debian Stable is
good as well as Ubuntu, which is usually fairly current.

CentOS is an ugly mangy old dog of a Linux distro.

--
Stan