[Dovecot] Problem creating sockets after Solaris Live Upgrade

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Aug 6 17:42:54 EEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-08-06 at 11:52 +0200, Jürgen Obermann wrote:

> During booting this ABE dovecot will not start, unless both files are removed:
>
> Aug  6 06:55:30 hostname dovecot: Fatal: Socket already exists: /opt/local/var/run/dovecot/dict-server

Doesn't it say something about "Socket operation on non-socket"?
Anyway.. I thought about this, and I don't think I want to change how it
works. Dovecot shouldn't go deleting files that exist, just in case
someone accidentally configured some socket to point to wrong location.

Just create a wrapper script that deletes the
entire /opt/local/var/run/dovecot/ directory at startup.