[Dovecot] dovecot 2.0 rc4, expire, sqlite

Burckhard Schmidt bschmidt at cms.hu-berlin.de
Thu Aug 5 19:02:20 EEST 2010

Hello,

I will use expire like described within wiki2.dovecot.org/Plugins/Expire
with sqlite for a folder AutoCleanSpam.
If I copy a message (with TB) into that folder, I get an error if there
exists no entry for that user and that folder within the database:

  dict: Error: sqlite: exec(INSERT INTO expires
(expire_stamp,username,mailbox) VALUES
('1281016832','userx','AutoCleanSpam')) failed: unable to open database
file (14)
dict: Error: sql dict: commit failed:

If I make an initial entry manually first no error occurs.

Anymore there is a problem concerning acl of the base directory of the
expires.db:
dict: Error: sqlite: open(/addons/expire/expires.db) failed: unable to
open database file
dict: Error: dict sql lookup failed: out of memory

It was necessary to give "other" r-x permissions for directory
/addons/expire.
I use mail_uid = sysdov and mail_gid = sysdov. That is uid 29.
Furthermore I work with userdb ldap and uid/gid mapping:
user_attrs = homeDirectory=home,uidNumber=29,gidNumber=29
So usually it was sufficient using acl like this
drwxr-x---   2 sysdov   sysdov         5 Aug  5 16:00 /addons/expire

As which user expire, dict, sqlite access are running?

--
Regards --- Burckhard Schmidt