[Dovecot] mobile phone access to dovecot

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI eduardo at kalinowski.com.br
Wed Aug 4 15:02:06 EEST 2010

On Qua, 04 Ago 2010, casanova99 wrote:
> I didn't find anything interesting in the search, so I just wanted to see
> what other people have done (or thought about doing).
>
> I'd like to be able to access my dovecot server via IMAP, from the Internet,
> using the integrated e-mail client from a smart phone.  I'm very concerned
> about security and don't feel comfortable just poking holes into the
> firewall for direct access from the Internet.  Is there a better way to do
> this?

The IMAP server is in your home machine, not a dedicated server, right?

Anyway, if you need to access it, you'll need to open your machine up
for connections. If you can isolate the IPs you'd be connecting from,
you can restrict access to them.

--
QOTD:
	"When she hauled ass, it took three trips."

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo at kalinowski.com.br