[Dovecot] LDAP + mail_location: Get "%d" from customfield

Denny Schierz linuxmail at 4lin.net
Mon Aug 2 16:08:51 EEST 2010

hi,

Am Montag, den 02.08.2010, 13:10 +0100 schrieb Timo Sirainen:
> auth_bind_userdn

I have (I think):

the complete ldap.conf:

hosts = ldap.subdomain.domain.foo
auth_bind = yes
auth_bind_userdn = uid=%u,cn=accounts,dc=mail,dc=subdomain,dc=foo,dc=bla
ldap_version = 3
base = cn=accounts, dc=mail, dc=subdomain, dc=foo, dc=bla
user_attrs = postalAddress=domain,homeDirectory=/imap/spool/%d/%1n/%n
user_filter = (&(objectClass=posixAccount)(uid=%n))
pass_attrs = postalAddress=domain, uid=user, userPassword=password
pass_filter = (&(objectClass=posixAccount)(uid=%n))

If I remove user_attrs=postalAddress=domain, then I don't see anything
in the logs, where domain is replaced.

dovecot.conf

auth default {
  mechanisms = plain login
  passdb ldap {
    args = /usr/local/dovecot/dovecot/etc/conf.d/ldap.conf
  }

  userdb ldap {
    args = /usr/local/dovecot/dovecot/etc/conf.d/ldap.conf
  }

So I repeat before getting confused :-) : Login works and I don't need
the domainpart, with this setup. I only want to change the
mail_location.' For me it looks like, that Dovecot has no reason to take
a look into %d, because the username does not had one while he logged
in.
DoveCot has to replace %d with the content of PostalAdress, before
home="..."

 Just only a thought :-) Maybe, I'm completely wrong ...

cu denny

ps. I saw the patch from you for 2.0.