[Dovecot] Users with large (4GB) inboxes crippling dovecot

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Sun May 31 00:25:58 EEST 2009

On 30. mai. 2009, at 00.03, Scott Silva wrote:

> # e2fsck -D -f /dev/hdXY
>
> Note: This should work with both ext2 and ext3 filesystems.
> Depending on the
> size of your filesystem, this could take a long time. Perhaps you
> should go
> get some coffee...

AFAIK an "updatedb" (as in locate/slocate), or perhaps just a "find /"
should access all directories and make and index in each of them. That
way you won't need to umount the fs.

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
(+47) 97542685 / 98013356
roy at karlsbakk.net
http://blogg.karlsbakk.net/
--
I all pedagogikk er det essensielt at pensum presenteres
intelligibelt. Det er et elementært imperativ for alle pedagoger å