[Dovecot] Namespace delimiter...

Lenthir len7hir at gmail.com
Thu May 28 11:33:38 EEST 2009

Timo Sirainen pisze:
> Really? I would have thought a lot of clients would just break with it.
> What do you mean you have flat namespaces? I can't think of any reason
> to do that.

This mean that clients can create folders only in root folder.
And RFC predict that case!

Thunderbird works... without it, it doesn't.

Without NIL Thunderbird try to move folder to Trash, and you can't
remove folder... With NIL, Thunderbird logicaly mark folder that it is
in trash, and delete it when you empty trash.

We support only few clients... not all... only this which is compatible
with RFC ;)

--

Our storage has two parts... MySQL database and files with mails. Very
complicated, and I can't talk about it...

IMAP is new functionality in our company, and must earn some money,
before management decide to increase support of it. We always have
Webmail with flat folders ... now we have also IMAP (and it also must
have flat folders).

In the future it is possible to do that, and we will have nonflat
namespaces, but now it can't be (because of the business decisions).

Redgards,
Konrad