[Dovecot] example sql acl_shared_dict wiki

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Wed May 27 01:19:16 EEST 2009

Robert Schetterer schrieb:
> Timo Sirainen schrieb:

>>> Hi Timo, no chance, i dont understand
>>> what to to do here , or to setup needed tables in sql
>>> i ve asked a few sql people, and they dont understand this too,
>>> there is too less info, perhaps our fault, but i need a more qualified
>>> example to setup and testing
>>> imap acls in sql, please include some in the wiki , if you have time
>> The problem is that I don't know either. I guess I could try this some
>> day when I have more time.
>
> Its ok for me later, i need this feature for redundant sql setups,
> i think db solution is better then using file with nfs sharing etc
>
>  But until then have you tried that kind of
>> setups and looked at what kind of SQL queries they output and what
>> should be changed to make them work?
>>

> i would do but i have no idea how to start any kind of testing
> do you mean set it in dovoecot.conf an try to find out find out what is
> needed with sniffing the sql querries?
> I might try to ask some sql people doing this, but i am short in time
> too these days

Hi Timo,
there was a mail
http://www.mail-archive.com/dovecot@dovecot.org/msg14121.html
from Bernhard Herzog
at beginning of acl coding
he wrote about sqlite
( dont know if it works )
---
To configure, create an entry for dict section of dovecot.conf like this:

   acl_shared_dict = sqlite:$PREFIX/etc/acl-shared-dict.conf

with the acl-shared-dict.conf containing this:

   connect = $PREFIX/var/lib/dovecot/acl-shared-ns.sqlite

   map {
     table = acl_shared_ns
     pattern = shared/acl_shared_ns/$owner
     value_field = has_visible_folders
     fields {
       owner = $owner
     }
   }

The corresponding table in the sqlite database can be created with

   CREATE TABLE acl_shared_ns (
        owner,
        has_visible_folders,
        PRIMARY KEY (owner) ON CONFLICT REPLACE
   );

In the imap section of dovecot.conf, add

   acl_shared_dict = proxy::acl_shared_dict
---

perhaps this helps creating
a working mysql example

--