[Dovecot] expire tool - individual user/folder?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue May 26 02:56:37 EEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-25 at 14:38 +0200, Andre Hübner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > The plugin yes, but expire-tool not really. It would be possible to have
> > userdb lookups return an overridden expire setting and use it instead of
> > the global one, but that would require writing more code..
>

> i have made 2 testsetups with expire-plugin (mysql,dbd)
> it seems to work, in table i can find new entry for expire_stamp
> But how i can make individual  settings for different users? adding
> user/folder in dovecot.conf gets ignored.

You can override a setting by returning it from userdb.
http://wiki.dovecot.org/UserDatabase/ExtraFields

> second question is much more importend. how to debug this if i get
> seg.faults when running
> "dovecot  --exec-mail  ext /usr/libexec/dovecot/expire-tool  --test" ?

ulimit -c unlimited
dovecot --exec-mail ext /usr/libexec/dovecot/expire-tool --test
gdb /usr/libexec/dovecot/expire-tool core
bt full

But as I said, you can't get expire-tool to work properly with different
settings. It will always use only the settings you have in dovecot.conf,
messing up all the database for the non-default users.