[Dovecot] Deleting mail account?

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI eduardo at kalinowski.com.br
Mon May 25 14:36:57 EEST 2009

On Seg, 25 Mai 2009, David Reid wrote:

> This is likely a daft question, but how do I remove a mailbox from a
> dovecot server? I'd like to simply remove it from the disk as well,
> deleting any messages, indexes etc etc
>
> Is there a way?

There is an IMAP command that does that. I don't remember its name,
but you can lookup in the RFC.

Or you can just remove the file (if using mbox) or directory (if using
Maildir) that holds the mailbox. Then remove the indexes, which can be
in the same directory or somewhere else, depending on how you
configured dovecot.

--
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo at kalinowski.com.br