[Dovecot] status=bounced (Command died with signal 11: "/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver"

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri May 22 10:58:29 EEST 2009

On May 22, 2009, at 3:54 AM, Max Ivanov wrote:

>> I suppose there's no core file in the user's home directory?
>
> Why? Doesnt them should be autocreated  if "ulimit -c " is defined

If it's done in the correct place. That means before Postfix is
started, and that the Postfix init.d script doesn't change it.

> and kernel.core_pattern != /dev/null ?

and that deliver has home directory specified and there's no weird
things like SELinux messing things up and probably some other things I
can't remember right now.

At least the very latest Dovecot versions tell if the core file was
written at all. Maybe some day when v2.0 is released people are using
LMTP and that notification gets written too. Or maybe I could try
writing a patch to Postfix and see if they would care about Postfix
logging if core was dumped or not.