[Dovecot] imap cann't read the mail that foxmail send

wallace0615 wallace0615 at 126.com
Tue May 19 05:02:02 EEST 2009

Hi everyone:
I use dovecot only as the imap server, For smtp and pop3, I use apache james.
The dovecot version: 1.1.14
And the configuration is :
   protocols: imap
   ssl_disable: yes
   login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
   login_executable: /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
   mail_location: mbox:/usr/local/edupass/mail/repo/%u:INBOX=/usr/local/edupass/mail/%u
   auth default:
    passdb:
      driver: sql
      args: /etc/dovecot-sql.conf
    userdb:
      driver: sql
      args: /etc/dovecot-sql.conf

I have no porblems to login.
When I use "telent host 25" to send a email, dovecot read it no problems.
But when I use outlook and foxmail to send a email, dovecot cann't read the email data.

I compared the data that using the two way to send, and found the reason:
use outlook and foxmail: at the beginning of the eamil data is "From zxjteacher_SP_LZU <zxjteacher_SP_LZU at myserver>";
and if I telnet host 25 to send the mail: at the beginning of the eamil data is "From <zxjteacher_SP_LZU at myserver>",
so I delete "zxjteacher_SP_LZU", dovecot read it out.

"zxjteacher_SP_LZU" is because that outlook and foxmail need an account name to represent the eamil address.

So, anyone ever confront with this situation?
Any helps appreciate.
Thx.