[Dovecot] FTS Plugin design

Rui Carneiro rui.carneiro at portugalmail.net
Mon May 18 19:35:08 EEST 2009

Citando Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>:
> Nope. If you still see corruption, try with some simple test mails and
> see if it's adding garbage, losing contents or adding more content.

I tried something more advanced than that. I hexdumped my pdf test file and on the first line I get:

00000000  25 50 44 46 2d 31 2e 33  0a 25 e2 e3 cf d3 0a 31

Where "e2 e3 cf d3" is binary data. When I do the same for my copied file I get:

00000000  25 50 44 46 2d 31 2e 33  0a 25 ef bf bd 0a 31 20

It is weird but the binary data changed.

Further, I print to logs the 11 character from the first block.data just before fts_backend_build_more() and the value is EF (the correct one would be E2).

I think binary data is being corrupted anywhere before fts_backend_build_more() and I don't have any idea where.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Rui Carneiro

--