[Dovecot] Fail2Ban and the Dovecot log

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun May 17 22:07:13 EEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 14:48 -0700, Bill Landry wrote:
> > If you log via syslog, the timestamp will be at the beginning of line.
>
> Well, then that would explain it.  Maybe it would be a good idea then to
> remove the "dovecot: " from the beginning of each log line when not
> using syslog for logging, since I'm pretty sure that anyone checking the
> "dovecot.log" would know that it was the "dovecot" log they were looking
> at (no need to remind then at the beginning of each and every line).  ;-)

Yeah. I don't know what I was thinking when I made it work like that.
v1.2 has more sensible logging now, but I don't want to break anyone's
setup by doing the change to v1.1. These patches probably apply to v1.1
too though:

http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.2/rev/0669bc561763
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.2/rev/194b80691980