[Dovecot] Unable to delete folder in public namespace

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun May 17 21:31:46 EEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-15 at 17:28 +0400, Max Ivanov wrote:
> I use public namespace for group mailboxes. Users are able to create
> subfolders , but its impossible to delete them. thunderbird 2.0.0.21
> complains: "Cant' rename mailbox to another storage type", both
> namespaces (private and public) use same storage type, so I believe
> that it's a namespace problem.

Yeah, TB tries to delete folders by moving them under Trash.

> Is there any way to move folders between namespaces?

Not currently. I've thought about adding support for that, but there are
also some potential security issues with shared mailboxes.

> Or maybe sieve
> script or plugin which intercept move command and do the move to some
> unsibscribible folder in public namespace.

Sure a plugin could do that, but you'd have to write it..

I don't really have any good solutions right now, except to use some
other client to delete the mailboxes.