[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.0.7 domain variable

elliott at n.localhost elliott at n.localhost
Mon May 11 08:17:48 EEST 2009

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for any help!

I'm trying to configure Dovecot to pull emails from Postfix virtual mailbox domain Maildirs under /var/mail/vhosts/<domain>/<username>.  I've set mail_location as such in dovecot.conf:

mail_location = maildir:/var/mail/vhosts/%d/%n

but from debug output I see the domain is blank:

dovecot: May 10 20:49:25 Info: IMAP(elliott): maildir: data=/var/mail/vhosts//elliott

I've set elliott at n.0o0.bz as my username in Outlook so it is sending the domain (and changed auth_username_format to "auth_username_format = %n" so authentication works fine)

Why is %d blank here?  Anything else to check??  I'm at a loss.

Thanks!
-elliott-