[Dovecot] Filesystem quota not working (was: Re: Quota over NFS)

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Mon May 11 14:22:30 EEST 2009

geoffroy desvernay wrote :

> > The thing is that if the user has exceeded it's quota the LDA detects it and
> > I get a response from postmaster warning me that the INBOX is full.
> > But through IMAP, if I issue :
> >
> >> C: 1 GETQUOTAROOT INBOX
> >> S: * QUOTAROOT INBOX ""
> >> S: 1 OK Getquota complete
> >>
> >> There's no:
> >
> >> * QUOTA "" (STORAGE 10 512)
> >>
> Here:
> . OK Logged in.
> . GETQUOTAROOT INBOX
> * QUOTAROOT "INBOX" "user"
> * QUOTA "user" (STORAGE 46752 2355200)
> . OK Getquotaroot completed.
>

> I'll try with 1.1.14 this week (if I manage to get time for that …)
>
> I'll be back here if there is some regression.

FWIW, I seem to have a similar issue with 1.1.14 and system quotas on
the /home filesystem (different ext3 partition, no NFS) :

. OK Logged in.
. getquotaroot INBOX
* QUOTAROOT "INBOX"
. OK Getquotaroot completed.

I've tried with all of the following options :
  quota = fs:user
  quota = fs:user:mount=/home
  quota = fs:user:mount=/home:noenforcing

If I change temporarily to the following, then it "works" (not using
the filesystem quotas, of course) :
  quota = dirsize:user
  quota_rule = *:storage=10M

The filesystem quotas are working on the system and I can see them just
fine with "repquota /home". Could this be the same problem? The Wiki
doesn't point to further configuration options for the fs quotas, so I
don't think I'm missing any configuration.

Since Geoffroy reported that it was working with 1.1.11 for him, I'll
try a temporary downgrade to check if it makes any difference.

Matthias

Fedora release 10 (Cambridge) - Linux kernel
2.6.27.21-170.2.56.fc10.x86_64 Load : 0.38 0.28 0.20