[Dovecot] New messages notification - (IMAP PUSH?)

Jonathan jonathan at kc8onw.net
Wed May 6 19:59:50 EEST 2009

On 5/4/2009 4:21 AM, Proskurin Kirill wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I have strange problem.
> As I understand IMAP use server2client command to tell what new email is
> arrived.
>
> So - all was good, but few weeks ago I notice what my thunderbird not
> show new messages. I think it was local problem(I switch distro what
> day) but soon my email clients what uses mostly Outlook-2007-SP1 start
> to confirm this problem.

Is mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new set in your Thunderbird
configuration?  It's an advanced setting
Tools->Options->Advanced->General->Config Editor

If that value is not True Thunderbird only checks the currently selected
folder and the inbox for new messages.

A similar issue was brought up in the recent thread titled "Imap
notifications in IDLE"

Jonathan