[Dovecot] [OT] two-way IMAP synchronization

Tassilo Horn tassilo at member.fsf.org
Wed May 6 18:15:42 EEST 2009

Wolfram Schlich <lists at wolfram.schlich.org> writes:

Hi!

>> > I am looking for a tool that does a true two-way synchronization
>> > (synchronization of expunges/deletes) of IMAP mailboxes, kind of a
>> > mixture of unison and imapsync.  Does anyone have any ideas how to
>> > accomplish that?
>>
>> I use OfflineIMAP [1] to sync my 2 remote IMAP accounts to with my
>> local dovecot.  Works really well.
>
> Ah, thanks for the hint!
> Are you using any special offlineimap settings?

Nothing special.  But here it is in case you want to have some config
you can base on.  I sync 2 different imap accounts to my local dovecot,
where I have two virtual users (using /etc/dovecot/passwd), one per
account.

[general]
accounts = Fastmail, Uni
ui = Noninteractive.Basic

[Account Fastmail]
localrepository = FastmailLocal
remoterepository = FastmailRemote
quick = 0

[Repository FastmailLocal]
type = IMAP
ssl = no
remotehost = localhost
remoteuser = fastmail
remotepass = XXXXXXXX
maxconnections = 2

[Repository FastmailRemote]
type = IMAP
ssl =yes
remotehost = mail.messagingengine.com
remoteuser = UUUUUUU
remotepass = XXXXXXX
maxconnections = 2

[Account Uni]
localrepository = UniLocal
remoterepository = UniRemote

[Repository UniLocal]
type = IMAP
ssl = no
remotehost = localhost
remoteuser = uni
remotepass = XXXXXXX
maxconnections = 2

[Repository UniRemote]
type = IMAP
ssl =yes
remotehost = mail.uni-koblenz.de
remoteuser = UUUUUUU
remotepass = XXXXXXX
maxconnections = 2
# Don't sync shared folders
folderfilter = lambda foldername: not re.search('(Other Users|Shared Folders)', foldername)

I hope that helps you to get started.

Bye,
Tassilo