[Dovecot] Unable To Send Mail

Carlos Williams carloswill at gmail.com
Tue May 5 22:32:22 EEST 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 3:27 PM, Seth Mattinen <sethm at rollernet.us> wrote:
> Dovecot does not speak SMTP to other mail servers, unless you mean "send
> mail" in a different sense than I'm used to.
>
> ~Seth

I mean that I can send (SMPT) via Telnet which Postfix does fine.
However when I configure Thunderbird mail client to use the IMAP
(Dovecot) settings and attempt to compose a new message, the user
(recipient) never receives the message. I am thinking as well as users
of the Postfix list that this issue is related to my Dovecot config
file not being properly set up. I could be wrong...