[Dovecot] Sieve Rule for Folders

Stephan Bosch s.bosch at utwente.nl
Mon Mar 30 17:09:16 EEST 2009

Gerhard Wiesinger wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Is it possible with sieve to do the following:
> When a new message is added to a folder (e.g. dovecot folder and not
> INBOX) then an action like forwarding it per E-Mail should be triggered.
>
> Is this possible? If yes, how does the sieve script look like?
If you want to do this using Sieve through IMAP (i.e. when appending new
messages): currently no. There is work in progress to produce an IMAP
extension that allows setting such scripts for specific folders and
operations on those folders. This is nowhere near finished however and
implementing this is not trivial.

> If possible, can a shell script also be triggered as action?
Not with Sieve. Perhaps there is a plugin for IMAP that allows
triggering shell scripts when accessing certain folders, but I really
wouldn't know.

PS: if you are trying to build a spam learning folder: there is a plugin
for that called antispam.

Regards,

Stephan.