[Dovecot] Slightly OT : Maildir format (silly) questions

Thomas Hummel hummel at pasteur.fr
Fri Mar 27 11:45:24 EET 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 06:23:28PM -0400, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> No. Maybe a more understandable example would have been ~/Maildir/ and
> ~/Maildir/.bar/. If MDA only gets that one path (so it doesn't know
> the "maildir root dir"), it uses a simple rule to figure out where to
> update maildirsize file: Do I have maildirfolder file? If so, use
> parent dir. If not, use current dir.

You mean the only reason to use a flat layout (hierarchy emulation like
.folder.subfolder.subsubfolder) is to know where to update the file which store
the Maildir size ?

Sounds strange : why not calculate Maildir size ? And regarding quotas : can I
have a quota on some folder and a quota on some of its subfolder(s) ? If yes,
wouldn't that change the problem ?

--
Thomas Hummel 	    | Institut Pasteur
<hummel at pasteur.fr> | Pôle informatique - systèmes et réseau