[Dovecot] Preventing IMAP folder deletion?

dovecot at corwyn.net dovecot at corwyn.net
Fri Mar 27 01:20:48 EET 2009

Hi!

I'm running postfix with dovecot using mysql for user accounts, with
Outlook being used as the IMAP mail client.  I'm using a mail
delimiter ("+") and mail automatically goes to a Spam folder as part
of spam filtering with amavisd and spam assassin. It's configured so
that folders won't automatically create; if the folder isn't there
mail delivers to the inbox (so that spam doesn't create extra folders).

the problem I ran into today is that a user deleted the Spam folder.
While recreating it isn't that hard, is there a way I can prevent
them from being able to delete specific folders in IMAP?

In squirrelmail I can create "system" folders that the user can't
change or delete, but that's client based. Since I don't see that
ability in Outlook, can I somehow configure dovecot so the user can't
delete specified folders?

Thanks

Rick

Rick Steeves