[Dovecot] mailutil?

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Fri Mar 27 00:15:13 EET 2009

Steffen Kaiser wrote:
>> - Is there any functionality you'd like it to do?
>
> + (re-)index selected mailboxes, maybe recursively, based on mailbox
> and/or possibly corrupted, existing indexes

> + remove/sanitize (user-) flags from mailboxes

I was going to suggest this ... something to at least go through and clean
up the size flags on Maildir (which seems worthwhile, especially for people
using quotas).

> + acl evaluator / tester / "effective rights of user XYZ"

Certainly a +1 on that... as I'm about to implement ACLs and it'd be nice to
be able to test I've got it right from a simple command line tool.

> + transform messages from one storage format into another, keeping all
> IMAP-related information, e.g. to find duplicate or unwanted messages
> across mailboxes/users.

Additional to this would be (plugin permitting) to compress Maildir, or
recompress+reindex mbox (Am I right in thinking compressed mbox can be
appended to, but not modified?  In which case recompressing could likely
save some extra space.)

--
Curtis Maloney
cmaloney at cardgate.net