[Dovecot] LIST command claims children exist in empty folder

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Mar 26 02:42:41 EET 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 07:52 -0400, Jonathan Siegle wrote:
> On Mar 24, 2009, at 11:36 AM, Jonathan Siegle wrote:
>
> > Dovecot 1.2 (8834:5284f45c249a)
> >
> > Should list return \HasChildren if no folders exist under it? I'm
> > using mbox format.

Is this really a problem?..

> Here is my patch.

Problem with that is that it doesn't return any children flags when
using LISTEXT command:

1 list (subscribed) "" % return (children)

Fixing this would require adding new code to fs_list_subs() to scan the
subdirectory if children flags are missing. list_file_subdir() handles
that for non-subscription listing, but it can't be directly used for
subscription listing.