[Dovecot] Fatal: imap-login: io_loop_handle_add: epoll_ctl(1, 4): Operation not permitted

Jérôme Blanc jerome.blanc at nerim.net
Wed Mar 25 02:19:47 EET 2009

Le mardi 24 mars 2009 à 18:02, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> a écrit :

> On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 22:42 +0100, Jérôme Blanc wrote:
> > However, you need to know for a proper interpration that in order to
> > try your patch, instead of the Mandriva RPM, I compiled myself from
> > the dovecot website source. The version is a bit different and any
> > special stuff prepared by the package has not been done (I don't
> > know if there is any actually ^^). This at least explain the
> > differences in some paths, as well as that not all the same
> > libraries might be called.
>
> Oh. Then I bet this patch will give you a different error:
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/bf79d802a0fb

Well ... it doesn't seem so. Just to make sure I am doing it the proper
way, I will list what I did to get the result :

1. Follow your link and copy the content of the patch in a local file
named dovecot-diff-02.patch

2. Apply the commande $ patch src/login-common/main.c
dovecot-diff-02.patch

3. $ make
4. # make uninstall
5. # make install
6. # strace -o strace-dovecot dovecot

From this, I do have the strace result of the imap-login executable
which is attached to the email.

For this test, I will restate the dovecot -n command as its output is
different since I use the compiled version :

# dovecot -n
# 1.1.13: /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf
Warning: There is no way to login to this server:
disable_plaintext_auth=yes, ssl-disable=yes, no non-plaintext auth
mechanisms.
# OS: Linux 2.6.27.19-server-1mnb i686 Mandriva Linux release 2009.0
(Official) for i586
ssl_disable: yes
login_dir: /usr/local/var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/bin/strace
-o /root/strace-imap-login /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
auth default:
  passdb:
    driver: pam
  userdb:
    driver: passwd

(Well it says there is no way to login but at that stage it's not
important as imap-login can't even start. I will bother with
reactivating SSL later on)

Also, as you might have noticed, I also added strace output for the
dovecot executable itself in case it can be of any use.

Let me know if you need it or any other kind of tests to be done.

Hope this helps
Thanks !
--
Jérôme Blanc