[Dovecot] Fatal: imap-login: io_loop_handle_add: epoll_ctl(1, 4): Operation not permitted

Jérôme Blanc jerome.blanc at nerim.net
Tue Mar 24 23:42:09 EET 2009

Le mardi 24 mars 2009 à 15:28, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> a écrit :

> On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 20:08 +0100, Jérôme Blanc wrote:
> > I attached a text file with the strace output as copying it in an
> > email would be awful to read with the 80 characters limit.
>
> Well, that did look interesting. The problem is that the listener
> socket isn't passed from master process to login process. Could you
> try if it fails with a different error with the attached patch?

Seems it's not that much different (at least in the log file ^^). I
attached the strace as before.

However, you need to know for a proper interpration that in order to
try your patch, instead of the Mandriva RPM, I compiled myself from the
dovecot website source. The version is a bit different and any special
stuff prepared by the package has not been done (I don't know if there
is any actually ^^). This at least explain the differences in some
paths, as well as that not all the same libraries might be called.

Nonetheless, I still have the same error so it must not be that
different.

Hope this can still help ;-)
Thanks !
--