[Dovecot] Fatal: imap-login: io_loop_handle_add: epoll_ctl(1, 4): Operation not permitted

Jérôme Blanc jerome.blanc at nerim.net
Tue Mar 24 21:08:44 EET 2009

Hello again,

I might have more informations about the matter. I modified dovecot's
configuration file so that when calling imap-login it will call it
through strace.

From what I could understand (I'm not really confident with that output
yet ;-)), it seems that epoll_ctl are not blocked as one could occur
before the failing one.

I attached a text file with the strace output as copying it in an email would be awful to read with the 80 characters limit.

Hope this help better understand the problem.
Thanks !

--
Jérôme Blanc