[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.1.11 failing to accept SSL/TLS connections

Mike Brudenell pmb1 at azilo.me.uk
Thu Mar 19 17:10:56 EET 2009

Hi again...

2009/3/19 Mike Brudenell <pmb1 at azilo.me.uk>

> 2009/3/13 Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>
>
>> On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 17:41 +0000, Mike Brudenell wrote:
>> > We have grown to suspect it is to do with one of the imap-login
>> processes
>> > having a large number of files open. Killing the process seems to get
>> rid of
>> > the problem.
>>
>> You didn't mention if you actually saw "Too many open files" errors in
>> log file. If you didn't, the problem isn't with ulimits.
>

> No, there's no sign of the "Too many open files" error message in the
> logfiles.

However I have just spotted that this is getting logged each time it
happens:

dovecot: Mar 19 13:29:34 Info: imap-login: Disconnected: Connection queue
full (no auth attempts): rip=144.32.N.N, lip=144.32.N.N

There appears to be one of these for each failed connection attempt to the
IMAP server.

Grepping the code suggests this is presumably coming
from src/imap-login/client.c

I'm now peering at the code trying to see if I can spot anything, but have
to confess to not being too wonderful in the area of sockets etc.

Cheers,
Mike B-)