[Dovecot] v1.2: can't access other users shared INBOX

Sascha Wilde wilde at intevation.de
Tue Mar 17 19:20:05 EET 2009

Bernhard Herzog <bh at intevation.de> writes:
> On 04.03.2009, Sascha Wilde wrote:
[...]
>> User B:
>>
>>   l list "" "*"
>>   * LIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "/" "user"
>>   * LIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "/" "user/A at example.com"
>>   * LIST (\HasChildren) "/" "INBOX"
>>   * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "INBOX/Gesendet"
>>   * LIST (\HasChildren) "/" "user/A at example.com/foobar"
>>   * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "user/A at example.com/INBOX"
>>   l OK List completed.
>>   s1 select "user/A at example.com"
>>   s1 NO [CANNOT] Invalid mailbox name
>>   s2 select "user/A at example.com/INBOX"
>>   s2 NO [NONEXISTENT] Mailbox doesn't exist: INBOX
>>
>> Actually there are two bugs to observe here:
>>
>> 1) "user/A at example.com" really should be accessible to user B.
>>    Why is it listed with "\Noselect"?
>
> I'm not sure it should be accessible.  This is most likely not A's INBOX.
> That's the other folder you're trying to access:

>> 2) "user/A at example.com/INBOX" does not exist, so the error message is
>>    correct, but why does it appear in the listing in the first place?

This might very well be true, but in this case dovecot behaves different
From cyrus -- which might still be RfC conforming (I haven't checked,
but from my memories the RfC is very unspecific on these topics anyway).

I only hope that this difference is not to confusing to (Kolab) clients...

[...]
> The solution I'm testing is to simply remove the test for the
> NAMESPACE_FLAG_INBOX flag (see patch below).

Thanks!  I'll give it a try.

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde                                          OpenPGP key: 4BB86568
http://www.intevation.de/~wilde/                  http://www.intevation.de/