[Dovecot] How to use DoveCot with checkpassword

Muhammed Alat alat at math.TU-Berlin.DE
Tue Mar 17 14:05:11 EET 2009

Hi,

im a newbee using dovecot. I want to use checkpassword, but i've no idea
how to use it.

DoveCot is running and checking the passwords with a ldap server. But in
future we want to use a sql database, where the password and
userinformation is stored.

I want to use checkpassword, to authetificate the users with the
passwords. But ive no idea how a script for checkpassword can be. What
should i write to the checkpassword file (actualy the file is empty).

The SQL Database is on another server. Can i use PHP for checkpassword,
and if i can, how should it be written. Which variables can i use and
what and how shoul i return the result?

Greetings,
Muhammed