[Dovecot] Extremely custom mailbox locations

Steve Kemp steve at steve.org.uk
Fri Mar 13 00:33:48 EET 2009

On Thu Mar 12, 2009 at 18:07:53 -0400, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> The main problem I see with symlinks is that if message is deleted, it's
> only the symlink that gets deleted. Anyway I don't see other choices
> than symlinking or moving the messages.

  The failure to delete isn't a problem in this case,
 as the mail is automatically deleted after a period of
 time anyway.

  People seeing mails remain that they thought they'd
 deleted might be disconcerting in a usual setup, but
 for this use I don't imagine it will be a problem.

  (Essentially I wish to allow users to browse an archive
 of the mail which has been reject as SPAM via IMAP.  The
 current storage path makes that a little complex, but I'm
 hoping I can leave it as-is so that no other part of the
 system needs to change.)

Steve
--
Managed Anti-Spam Service