[Dovecot] which architecture to use?

Wed Mar 11 22:06:35 EET 2009

On 3/11/2009 3:15 PM, GVG GVG wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 8:14 PM, GVG GVG <gvgter at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear List,
>>
>> Based on the following installed environment:
>>
>> - OpenBSD (latest version!)
>> - PostgreSQL
>> - dovecot with SSL
>>
>> would like to have a mail server which accepts system as well as virtual
>> users and being able to connect to their mailboxes either via an MUA
>> (Thunderbird etc.) or a web interface (squirrel mail?).
>>
>> When using the web interface, non registered users should be able to creat
>> e-mail accounts which will be dovecot virtual users!
>>
>> Which components should I use?

I would say Roundcube for the web client, since apparently you're only
asking about the webmail client, because you already picked dovecot for
the imap server (best choice of course)... but...

But as for the last - thats more of a web HOSTING solution...

> Forgot to mention that sendmail is already installed!

Uninstall it and install postfix...

--

Best regards,

Charles