[Dovecot] [patch] example configuration for expire seems broken

Robert McQueen robot101 at hadesian.co.uk
Fri Mar 6 19:34:20 EET 2009

The expire configuration in the example config file in 1.1.11 is broken:

root at omega:/etc/dovecot# /etc/init.d/dovecot restart
Restarting IMAP/POP3 mail server: dovecot
Unknown dict module: db
expire plugin: dict_init() failed
Error: imap dump-capability process returned 89
Fatal: Invalid configuration in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
 failed!

It's inconsistent with the documentation at
http://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/Expire, so I've made the attached patch
to try and fix it.

Note: I don't know if this new configuration is correct either, because
its a new box and I've not got any mails old enough to cause the plugin
to try and write anything, but at least I can start dovecot like this. :)

Regards,
Rob