[Dovecot] Maildir dirty syncs

Laurent Papier papier at sdv.fr
Thu Mar 5 10:49:12 EET 2009

Le Wed, 04 Mar 2009 19:30:45 -0500
Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> écrit:

> http://dovecot.org/patches/1.1/maildir-dirty-syncs.diff
>
> This patch adds a new maildir_very_dirty_syncs setting. If set to "yes",
> Dovecot assumes it's the only one changing the cur/ directory (so other
> MDAs can add mails to new/ without problems). This makes it possible to
> avoid rescanning the cur/ directory all the time looking for filenames.
> It also looks like (in stress testing) it still scans the cur/ directory
> unneededly in some situations, but it shouldn't be common. Maybe I'll
> look into it some day to see why.

Hi,
does it means that if I only use dovecot to read the maidir (pop3 or imap), I
can use this setting ?

Or does it mean that if there is always only one dovecot process reading the
maildir, I can use this setting ?

What happens if I use this setting and I read the mailbox from 2 different webmail ?

--
Laurent Papier - 03 88 75 80 50
Admin. système - SdV Plurimedia - <http://www.sdv.fr/>